|Chairman Carl Levin|
The Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) have not changed. Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) remains the Chairman and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) the Ranking Member.
Sens. Levin and McCain worked together on passage of the Levin-McCain Weapons Acquisition Reform Act in 2009 to address system-wide problems in the Department of Defense’s acquisition system. Chairman Levin promotes cost controls of procurement for the military and led the charge for the most recent round of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC).
|Ranking Member John McCain|
• Airland – Chairman Joe Lieberman (D-Conn.)
• Emerging Threats & Capabilities – Chairman Kay Hagan (D-N.C.)
• Personnel – Chairman Jim Webb (D-Va.)
• Readiness & Management Support – Chairwoman Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)
• Seapower – Chairman Jack Reed (D-R.I.)
• Strategic Forces – Chairman Ben Nelson (D-Neb.)
Freshmen senators on the committee include: Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
-Full committee membership