The Comprehensive Review of the Future Role of the Reserve Component prepared by the Office of the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs has been published.
The review follows the 2010 QDR which called for the Reserve and National Guard to be "...vibrant...seamlessly integrated...trained, mobilized, and equipped for predictable routine deployment...well into the future" and provides recommendations for how to incorporate the Guard and Reserve into the National Military Strategy.
Detailed in the 141 page-long Executive Summary & Main Report are the following:
- Future role and importance of the Reserve Component;
- Using the Guard and Reserve to best advantage;
- Roles for which the Guard and Reserve are well suited;
- Options for rebalancing the Total Force;
- Necessary revisions to law, policy, and doctrine.
ROA's advocacy and strategic education teams are analyzing the review and future coverage in an Officer feature article and DEF reports and events is highly likely.